We are a public institution of higher education which forms nurses who are competent and responsible and who promote human development, ethical values and commitment to the guild, to sustainability and to being good citizens. All this is done through a comprehensive formation based on the Body of Knowledge of Nursing and on the Education Model of Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila.
To be a Faculty of Nursing, re-accredited nationally and accredited internationally, which is distinguished by its connection with society and its performance in the preservation of the environment. Its graduates stand out for their professional competitiveness, human quality and guild and institutional commitment. They permanently maintain a healthcare commitment with themselves and with their families. They continue moving to other academic levels, recognize the quality of their university formation and keep a close link with their university. They are agents of change in their work and social environment, showing in the guild the strengthening of the body of knowledge of this discipline and showing strategies to provide human beings with holistic healthcare. The academic bodies are consolidated and their production of knowledge generation contributes to the quality of professional service and to the curricular redesign of nursing.
1.- To form nursing professionals comprehensively.
2.- To do relevant research to contribute to the solution of public health problems.
3.- To promote linking with the different sectors of our society in order to strengthen the academic formation of future graduates in nursing.
– Service attitude. – Perseverance. – Honesty. – Initiative. – Respect. – Persistence. – Security. – Commitment. – Tolerance. – Discipline. – Responsibility. – Innovation. – Industriousness. – Creativity.
BACHELOR IN NURSING
Scientific development and advancements in medical technology have expanded the field of action of nursing, participating proactively with the healthcare multidisciplinary team through research, analysis and assessment of health problems, as well as through the planning and direction of health recovery programs.
Nursing professionals can also work for education institutions with nursing and teaching actions, in the industrial and entrepreneurial fields as well as in social assistance institutions.
COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Refresher Course on Pharmacology in Nursing.
- Perspectives of Nursing in Genetics.
- Emotional Intelligence and Quality Care in the Health Area.
- Quality Care.
- Care Process of Nursing.
- Physical and Functional Rehab.
- Quality in Healthcare Services.
- Geriatrics and Gerontology.
- Prevention and therapy of HIV-AIDS.
- Management and Leadership.
- Nursing Care for Addiction to Tobacco, Alcohol and other Drugs.
- Administrative and Quality Management.
- Alternative Therapies in Comprehensive Health.
- Comprehensive Health of the Elderly.
- I Undertake.
- Interventions in Psycho-prophylactic Birth
- Comprehensive Care for Elderly Patients.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT IN ELDERLY PATIENTS FOR NURSING COMPREHENSIVE CARE
To develop quality scientific research to strengthen the undergraduate and graduate programs of this education institution.
1. To strengthen the academic formation to the maximum education level of the members of the academic body.
2. To increase the number of publications in arbitrated and indexed at a national and international level.
3. To belong to nursing networks at a national and international level in the area of the elderly.
4. To establish a research line in the area of the elderly in order to assess their health conditions as a second and, as a second stage, to pose interventions of nursing comprehensive care which this population group demands. IES: Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila (UA de C).
School of Nursing, Torreon Unit.
AREA OF KNOWLEDGE AND DISCIPLINE WHICH IT CULTIVATES AND IMPACTS:
2. MEMBERS OF THE ACADEMIC BODY
- DCE. Alejandro Morales Jinez (Líder)
- MESC. Alicia Ugarte Esquivel
- DR. Francisco Javier López Rincón
- MCIS. Gerardo Suárez Alemán
- DR. Víctor Manuel Velasco Rodríguez
- ME. Luz Elena Rodríguez Mejía
- ME Yolanda Ivonne Trujillo León
- ME Roxana Martínez Cervantes
- MCE Emma Pérez González
- Dra. Irma Andrade Valles
- DR. Ricardo Cerda Flores, SNI I (Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México).
- DCE. José Alex Leiva Caro (Universidad del Bio-Bio, Chillán, Chile)
- DRA. María Dolores Serrano (Universidad Catilla-La Mancha, España)
- MG. María Rosario Mocarro Aguilar (Universidad Norbert Wiener, Lima, Perú)
- DR. Gautam K. Kshatriya (Universidad de Delhi, India)
- Mg. Elizabeth Fajardo Ramos Universidad del Tolima, Colombia)
- Dra. Doris Sequeira Daza (Universidad Central, Santiago de Chile)
3. LINKING / AGREEMENT OF THE ACADEMIC BODY. 4. LINES OF GENERATION AND/OR APPLICATION OF THE KNOWLEDGE WHICH THE ACADEMIC BODY CULTIVATES