Lic. Israel Castillo Hernández
- 01 (871) 721-1151
- Blvd. Revolución y Calle 30. C.P. 27000. Torreón, Coahuila.
The “Venustiano Carranza” High School belongs to UA de C and is bound to provide quality secondary education through a comprehensive formation based on competencies according to the National System of High Schools, which eases our students’ incorporation and high performance into the social, work and higher education fields; and which meets the needs and expectations of our themselves and of the society in general.
The “Venustiano Carranza” High School was founded in 1942 as the first official post-elementary education institution in the city of Torreon, Coahuila. The governor of the state at that time, Benecio López Padilla, agreed to expand studies in a high school in view of a satisfactory performance.
On March 3rd, 1957, through a decree issued by the Congress of the Sate and published in the Official Journal – on the 30th of the same month –, the creation of a public organism intended to provide higher education was approved. Its name was Universidad de Coahuila, an institution which would have legal personality determined by its Organic Law, which came into effect on October 2nd in the same year.
On October 26th, 1957, the “Venustiano Carranza” High School became part of Universidad de Coahuila.
On April 3rd, 1973 the Congress of the State gave autonomy to the university, issuing the Decree 335, published in the Official Journal on the following day in response to the pressure generated by an important student movement.
In the year 1975, the University Statute was approved, an instrument which up to this day regulates every activity of Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila and, therefore, of the “Venustiano Carranza” High School. The first grade that the university grants is high school, which enables students to continue with their undergraduate studies.
- 01 (871) 762-4735 | 182-3297
- Blvd. Sta. Cecilia 1429, Sta Cecilia, Matamoros, Coahuila.